JOB ADVERT – Support Worker
Job: Support Worker
Salary: £17,893 (£9.30 per hour) plus 3% employer contribution to pension
Hours: Full time – 37 hours per week, or Part-time job share applicants welcome!
Based: Paul’s Place in Coalpit Heath and Turnberries in Thornbury, currently, due to COVID-19 there is some home working
Paul’s Place is a charity that enhances life for physically disabled adults. We do this by providing social activities that connect people, reducing isolation and give people the opportunity to develop new skills, enjoy new experience and live life to the full.
We are currently looking for two full-time Support Workers to join the team.
About the Role – overview
This role will:
- Support the delivery of Paul’s Place services and projects to the people that use our service (Members) – the majority of which is currently provided through our day facility
- Support Members to participate in Paul’s Place service, projects, and activities, including practical support where it is required
- Support individuals with personal care when it is required with dignity and being led by those being supported.
- Act as a ‘key worker’ to an allotted group of individuals, working with them to set and agree their outcomes and things that they want to achieve at Paul’s Place.
You will have:
- experience of working in a team and ideally previous Support Worker experience.
- a good ability around all aspects of personal care, knowledge of aids and adaptions tailored around an individual’s needs of support.
- knowledge of communication methods and working with disabled people and those with additional needs.
- good organisational skills and the ability to plan activities in our day facilities
- an appropriate qualification in Health and Social Care (CQF Level 2 or NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care) or have at least 24 months experience in a support role.
For more information about this exciting opportunity and to find out if you are the right person for the role please look at our
Closing date: Friday 5th February 2021, 12noon
Interview date: Wednesday 10th February 2021 (currently we are expecting the interviews to be held via Zoom).